No Bake Cacao-Orange ‘Cheese’ Cake Bites
A unique recipe that benefits your gut, heart and digestive system by adding our prebiotic superstar – Organic Premium Yacon Root Syrup, antioxidant-rich Organic Raw Cacao Powder and quality protein from Organic Quinoa Puffs. A sure treat for the whole family that will have them asking for more !
Servings : 6 Mini-Cups
1 cup ground almonds (or almond meal)
1/2 cup Organic Quinoa Puffs | Nature’s Superfoods
1/2 cup Pitted Dates
1 1/2 Tbsp Organic Raw Cacao Powder | Nature’s Superfoods
1 1/2 Tbsp Organic Premium Yacon Root Syrup | Nature’s Superfoods
1/4 tsp Organic Ceylon Cinnamon Powder | Nature’s Superfoods
Pinch of Sea Salt
1 Cup cashews
1/2 cup fresh orange juice
Zest of the 1 Orange
1/4 cup Organic Premium Yacon Root Syrup | Nature’s Superfoods
Toppings (for crunch) :
- Organic Sweet Cacao Nibs With Yacon Syrup | Nature’s Superfoods
- Organic Roasted Coconut Flakes | Nature’s Superfoods
Method of Preparation:
- First, soak the cashew in water and leave it in the fridge overnight. The next day, soak the dates in hot water for 20 mins. Drain the water and take out the seeds. Set aside.
- In a food processor, ground the quinoa puffs. Then add the rest of the crust ingredients. Press the crust mixture in a silicone cupcake baking mould. Put it in the fridge while you work on the filling.
- Drain the cashew and put it on a blender. Add the rest of the filling ingredients and blend it till it has a creamy consistency (no more cashew pieces)
- Scoop the filling into the prepared crust. Put it in the freezer for 2 hours till you are ready to eat. If not, transfer it to the fridge after 2 hours in the freezer.
- Decorate it with more orange zest and some cacao nibs and coconut flakes for that extra crunch.