Coconut Cream Quinoa Tart w/ Maqui Berry
1 cup white quinoa
2 cups water
2 Tbsp flax seeds
2 Tbsp water
2.5 tsp coconut oil
400g coconut milk
1/2 cup cashew milk
1/4 cup yacon syrup
2 Tbsp cornstarch
1 tsp agar powder
1 tsp maqui berry powder
- Cook quinoa in the rice cooker with coconut oil.
- Blend flaxseed till it becomes powder and add water. (Sticky texture).
- Once quinoa is cooked, mix evenly with the flax seeds mixture.
- Press and shape onto tart mold and bake at 200 degrees for 25 -30 mins till golden brown. Let cool.
- Place coconut milk, cashew milk, yacon syrup, vanilla extract and cornstarch onto a pot.
- On a stove, warm the mixture and add in agar powder. Cook till almost boiling.
- Separate 4 tbsp mixture onto another small bowl and add in maqui berry powder.
- Pour the base mixture onto the cooled quinoa tart crust. Followed by maqui berry mixture. Swirl.
- Keep in the fridge for at least 2hr before serving.