Chia “Cheese” Turmeric Crackers
1/2 cup Chia seeds pre-soaked (1 Cup water)
1/2 Cup Sunflower seeds activated
1/2 Cup Tahini paste natural raw
1/2 Cup Chai seed meal
1 Tablespoon Nutritional Yeast
1/2 Large Garlic clove grated
1/4 Teaspoon Fine sea salt
1/2 Teaspoon Turmeric
Pink Black Pepper
1/2 Cup Water option if mix a bit dry
- Preheat the oven to 300F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Or use your moulds.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Add water, garlic and salt.
- Stir with a spatula until combined. Allow the mixture to sit for a couple of minutes until the mixture has set, especially adding chai seed meal to the mix will form it up.
- With spatula, spread the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet in two small rectangles, about 12x7inches each and 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick.
- Sprinkle additional salt & nutritional yeast cheese mix on top.
- Bake for 35 mins. Remove from the oven and carefully flip each rectangle with a spatula. Bake for 25 – 35 mins more, until lightly golden around the edges.
- Watch closely near the end to make sure they don’t burn.
- Let cool for 10 – 15 min. You can store it in an airtight container for UP TO 2 WEEKS. You can also freeze for up to 1 MONTH.