Healthy Fried Quinoa Chinese Style
2 cups Nature’s Superfoods White/ Tricolor Quinoa
2-3 cups Frozen Vegetables (Peas, Carrots, Corn etc.)
1-2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
1 Red Bell Pepper, sliced
1 Yellow or Red Onion, chopped
3 Tbsp low sodium Tamari/ Soy Sauce
2 clove Garlic, minced or grated
2 Tsp Sesame Oil
Fresh Cilantro and Rocket Leaves
- Cook quinoa- bring 2 cups of water and 1 cup uncooked quinoa to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 mins or until water has been absorbed and the quinoa is tender. Remove saucepan from eat and let cool for 5 mins. Fluff quinoa with a fork.
- Heat 1-2 tablespoons culinary virgin coconut oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Saute onion, garlic and ginger until fragrant, about 3-4 mins. Add the frozen vegetables and cook until heated through.
- Add in cooked quinoa then add in tamari/ soy sauce and sesame oil.
- Cook and stir until evenly coated, about 2 mins. Add in sliced red bell peppers and stir.
- Make a well in the centre of the quinoa mixture. Pour eggs into the well;cook and stir until eggs are scrambled and cooked through, about 2-3 mins. Divide the dish into 4 or 5 servings and garnish with cilantro/ rocket leaves if using.