1/2 cup quinoa seeds
1 cup water
1/2 cup corn
2 Tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
1 tsp salt
black pepper to taste
1 Tbsp chia seed oil
1 Tbsp plant-based milk
- Wash and rinse the quinoa. Transfer quinoa and water to a rice cooker. Cook per manufacturer’s instruction.
- Peel the potato and cut into chunks. Chop broccoli and onion, set aside for later.
- Boil the potato chunks until they are fork tender. Blanch chopped broccoli for a minute.
- Mash potato in a big mixing bowl.
- Add cooked quinoa, broccoli, onion and all seasonings to the same mixing bowl. Mix until everything comes together.
- Divide the mixture into 4 portions. Roll each portion into a patty.
- Heat cooking oil in a pan over medium heat. Pan fry the patty for 2-3mins (or until golden brown) on each side. Serve with fresh greens.