The gingerbread recipe is perfect to make with kids, and to eat with the rest of the family at Christmas or any time you fancy. There's nothing quite as lovely as the smell of gingerbread filling your kitchen. These simple biscuits don't only taste amazing, but are also really easy to make, making them a great recipe for the little ones in the family too. Here's our foolproof gingerbread recipe ready for the snuggly season ahead!
Ingredients and Method
3 1/2tbsp golden syrup
60g light soft brown sugar
175g plain flour
1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
2tsp ground ginger
1. Add butter, golden syrup and light brown sugar to a pan. Stir on a low heat until sugar has dissolved.
2. Add flour, bicarbonate of soda and ginger to a mixing bowl then stire together. Make a well in the center and pour in the sugar and butter mixture.
3. Stir together to form a dough (it might be easier to use your hands).
4. Wrap in clingfilm and let it cool for 30mins to firm up.
5. Lay the dough between the two sheets of baking parchment. Press dough lightly with a roller.